The customized Independent Study course is designed personally for each student to create a course of study that will meet the educational needs of an individually created class.
Independent Studies can be designed to meet the requirements of a language arts credit and an elective credit at the same time.
Or we can work with the student to create any number of options for high school credit.
Examples of classes students have created are:
- Russian History & Literature
- History of the Modern World with compositions
- Creating a book & study guide for daughters of divorce
- Writing a first draft of a novel
- Indian History research project
- Music Appreciation with composition
- Theology & Philosophy with composition
- Government & Economics with composition
- College scholarship essays and stories (semester)
- Senior research project (semester)
- Short story writing (semester)
This class can meet honors diploma requirements depending on the design. Please be sure to discuss this with Ms. Rice when you are creating your course.
Student objectives are determined in collaboration with student, parent and coach. Customized and personalized coaching is provided.
Refund available until October 1. View refund policy for details.